Release Manager (Dev Ops)
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive Lead Build and Release Developer. This role is very similar to DevOps. To be successful in this role, you must have knowledge of CI/CD concepts and be comfortable participating in all aspects of building, branching, merging, and automation. This is an exciting position perfect for someone who is an open-minded team leader with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Primary point of contact for the release management duties; will divide work and organize the release management team.
- Organizing the priorities within the group.
- Take a strong technical lead in managing the day-to-day tasks and coordinating priorities between the release management team and the rest of the business (Network Services, Development and QA)
- Develop and apply consistent, standardized build and deployment processes.
- Automating tasks using scripting languages.
- Be flexible and prepared to work closely with development and QA teams, clearly communicating the status of tasks.
- Manage deployment of builds to different environments and assist qualification of builds through release process.
- Setup and configure various configuration management, build, deployment, and release tools
- You will lead proof-of-concept projects.
- Self-starter who can take direction, work independently toward objectives, and manage changing priorities.
- The ability to quickly learn and experiment with new technologies to implement solutions that meet requirements and provide value.
- Innate curiosity about technology and how technology can solve problems.
- Demonstrate willingness to take feedback and adapt solutions where appropriate.
- Must be results-oriented and able to manage conflicting priorities with tight deadlines.
- Ability to deliver high quality work and keep the work documented, both in-line and separately.
- 5+ years of professional experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility in software development, deployment, and related backend and configuration technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in cloud environments such as Azure or AWS.
- Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated testing, and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Extensive with Microsoft technologies.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with DSC (Desired State Configuration).
- Experience with Linux.
- Understanding of infrastructure as code using tools such as Ansible or Chef.
- Scripting with PowerShell, Python.
- Experience with build and deployment automation tools such as Octopus Deploy.
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
- Set up and configure various configuration management, build, deployment, and release tools.
- Experience supporting an Agile environment to manage
- Experience supporting multiple software products.
How to stand above the crowd:
- Experience with AWS automation.
- Experience with Octopus.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with MSSQL or similar databases.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker or Kubernetes (highly preferred).
- Working knowledge of coding using the .NET stack.
Why Join Innosphere?
- Work in the heart of historic Guelph, a beautiful and vibrant city!
- Company perks like excellent group benefits, snacks, company events and more!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress code!
- Work with a great group of motivated professionals!
Must be currently residing in Canada and legally permitted to work in Canada.
Innosphere welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Must be currently residing in Canada and legally permitted to work in Canada.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year