Innosphere Joins Panel Discussion on Multi-Platform Development
The three local mobile developer groups, KW Android Developers, iOSKW and KW-BBDev, have teamed up to present an event on multi-platform development. A panel of experts will address common challenges in developing for more than one mobile platform; Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone. The panel, listed below, is comprised of experienced developers including one of our own.
- Mike Roberts, Head of Mobile Development, Kik Messenger
- Jeffrey Sambells, Senior Manager Mobile, Speakfeel Development
- Tom Redman, Senior Mobile Developer, Innosphere SDG Ltd.
- Mukul Verma, Founder, MoKool Apps
This is a discussion driven event and attendees are encouraged to bring questions surrounding each phase of the development cycle, see the examples below:
- Requirements: Which platform(s) should I target (first)?
- Design: How do I design for interface, display and feature differences?
- Implementation: Should I use a cross-platform tool, e.g., PhoneGap?
- Testing: Can I re-use and compare tests across platforms?
- Release: How do I manage multiple distribution channels?
- Support: Can I push new features and updates simultaneously?